Monday, February 2, 2009

Keep the Cypher going:





Vs.1:

I hate the fact, I have to acknowledge that you're gone//
The message you were giving, flat out was so strong//
we've known each other for so long//
souls on parrallel paths, since the day born//
at least it seems that way//
Nobody knew better than you to cease the Day//
Now here I am, getting a call from Andres//
telling me he doesn't know what to say//
that it's some hard news, he don't know how to convey it//
we were just making plans to open for you at Dragon's Den//
I lost more than a fellow emcee, I lost my friend//
In 2000 it was House of Blues with Kweli//
Recently it was Japan rockin' shows lettin the Records spin//
Nathan Woods to me,While to others you were just Bionik//
Regardless, w/no curses, your words were just honest//
Rare like Haley's Comet//
Old school like Super Sonic//
refreshing like Abita Springs//
Made people like me Believe//
we should follow our Dreams//
Dope Poet, Too ill for the Mainstream//
yet for them you'd Ghost Write//
The Lord's Humble Servant now sits on his Right//
I know they freestyling in Heaven tonight//
Just keep the Cypher going, Send us down your Insight//
And I'ma keep shining the LIght//
Keep shining the Light//
Keep Keep, keep shining the light//
....................................................

In Loving Memory of a friend who opened my eyes across the board on many levels...a person who made me realize HipHop wasn't just southern in the South...that a person like me, could have a voice in HipHop....Nathan Woods was a pioneer to me...He was an ambassador for HipHop as a whole, much less the noble State we are both from Louisiana...Nathan Woods aka Bionik Brown...I'm gonna miss you Son, but I will not forget...

Sincerely,

David A. Abshire
aka
Wyzdom360
August 11th, 2008

P.S. when it's my time, I can't wait to see you again...Just keep the Mics on...


Vs. 2:


Could never picture you rhymeless, your lines are timeless things/

Feels like you're alive on my phone everytime it rings/

Mental Gems that shine past a diamonds gleam/

You even had a smile that blinged/

Emails kept me upright, they were a sunshines beams/

Yo, your word was a binding thing/

No wrinkles in your style, you were fresh Ironed and steamed/

Matching on 3 colors, You were vibrant clean/

No foulness ever crossed those lips/

Always positive Intent/

Heaven sent like some Inscents, as you inscensed/

Still aggressive when you needed to embody intense/

August 11th 2008 ain't that long ago, but I ain't been the same since/

I ain't been the same Bionik/

You caused me to change Bionik/


August 19th, 2008


Vs. 3:


Just woke, you came to me in a dream/

Sorta like Dreamer, when the baby's head blinged/

It was the craziest thing, I gave myself a fresh cut/

Was amped and ready to party like whut whut/

The whole crew was there, but I met you at the door/

First time in person, but it was like we'd met before/

when our eyes connected we smiled, mutual Love galore/

Happiness beamed, like it was flowing out our pores/

everything haulted, crawled to slowmo/

Ya'll was bumpin the homie from Detroit, One Belo/

"3rd George, I miss 'em in the worst way", dapped you up and it was good to go/

Party up like it's our, our Birthday, the list went something like this/

Quickie Mart, Brother Slymm, My Partners in The Congre'Gation, Yup Andino and M.Harris/

Impulss, Jimi Clever, Lyrikill, Digga Digga DJ Ef Cuttin/

Truth Universal made it Ofish/

He smiled as I dapped up KnowOne like this/

I was looking around like "is there something I missed?"/

Even Whygee in the building, illin' with Xperiment/

Group of all our Peirs, All ready to clown/

Diggin through the Crates, for the Cypher throwdown/

I woke up at this point happy, though it was a dream/

Cuz you gon' keep the Cypher going and we'll keep doing our thing/



February 2nd, 2009

David A. Abshire



How fitting that the first thing I truly write in February would be about Bionik...


No comments:

Post a Comment