Sunday, February 22, 2009

Future Generations (My verse on LyriKill's song)

Can't Call it, it's the same ol' same/
Got me asking myself, "Is the World Gon' Change?/
Ain't knowing how the world got this way/
all I know is that we got to pray/
There's a lot at Stake/
Make futures possible, for The common folk, Yo let's dodge this rain/
can't get soaked, no joke, Grow feathers and fly like Planes/
can't be stopped by obstacles, got drive like Trains/
life blood flowing through our veins/
Stood in Line cuz I believed in the Game/
My family's got the right mindframe/
Me and my Sister and my cousins Voted for Obama/
but so did my Daddoo and my Mama/
did what we needed, got to business and researched the topics/
Health care, housing markets/
shame is normal people made themselves a target/
make fiscally wise decisions/
don't count on Congress to make the right provisions/
rabid chimps too busy politic'in/
to even straighten out our stimulus package/
so they divert the media to a cartoonist on abstract shit/
it's a shame, The President's still judged on his Blackness/
But Dead that, we gon' be proactive/
Stay Humble, stay grindin, and you'll see what happens/

D. AbshireFebruary 21st, 2009~10:50pm

No comments:

Post a Comment