Sunday, February 8, 2009

Can you Get Away?

Hook:
Hey baby can you get away
Can you get away with me?
there's so much goin on outside your dome
just come and roam with me

Vs.1
Hi there
You got a nice vibe there
I’ma lil’ shaky on your demeanor
but your eyes are so ecclectic
electric and enchanting
I bet you got all the fellas panting ‘round your way
I think they’ve wrote songs aboutcha
are you the Girl from impanema?
Nah?....Me either, but that should be evident
don’t take this the wrong way
I’ve never been a pimp
Maybe a person into making profits
that’s only provisions of paying rent
Girl you seem heaven sent, and I know that sounds cheezy
like you’ve heard it all before and you really don’t wanna believe me
but be easy!! I’m not trying to come off too strong
but you got those eyes you got are like a sentimental mood
mixed with bitches brew and could stir up my mood
on any given occassion
what kind of food do you like?
I can cook anything for ya from Cajun to asian
Cuisine’s not really my thing
just something I picked up along the way
Had to choose something to fall back on
Not trying to get my mack on
but this is what I got to say-say-say

Hook:


Vs.2

What are you up to?..About 5'9?
It’s all hood that’s fine, I know I’m only 5'7
but what’s two inches when it’s a spiritual connection
I know you can see it staring into my soul
girl ya so cold, but I’m antarctic too
You ever rode a bicycle that was built for 2?
I can’t say that I have either
hey this ain’t game, I’m just spittin truth
I don’t really have game
I know some people would tell you that that’s lame
but I can tell your feelin’ me
ain’t nobody as real as me
I can give you a vantage point of the propper gander
But before I go on and on like Erykah Badu
let’s get back to the subject of you
What do you want out of life?
Have past brother’s treated you right?
I know I could suffice and give you the world
at least I could carve you one out of a potato
and I’d never see you later
I’d see you as soon as I could girl
forget goin platinum, you’re golden
Priceless and God must have broke the Moldin’
Man your soul would keep a brother like me from roamin
I promise, you’d get all my play
so what I got to say, what I got to say
this is what I got to say-say-say


Hook:

Vs. 3

So where you gonna be around 9?
I think there’s a party goin on at 307
and I’d like to see you if that’s fine
Me and my boy’s gonna be there
but they got some dope leather sofa’s
oh yeah and an arm chair
just in case you would need your space
Don’t have to consider it a date
unless you‘d want to
We could go to Mel’s Diner or even Zeus
afterwards and get some bomb food
this is like a BG song, mannnnn, it’s all on you
it’s your world, I’m just livin in it
You the vegan type lovin some spinach
or do you prefer grape leaves?
I remember when I used to hate these
I like Ali Baba and the forty theives
Sorry had to slip in a BeastieBoy quote
but seriously some humus would be dope
get some hot pita bread and that’s all she wrote
we can have corduals for right now
see where it goes from there, if you really wanna get down
Pound for pound, I bet we’ll have a good time
get a couple French Connections
Girl you so beautiful
I hope this continues so we can view
where me and you would go
Matter of fact how it all would play
but all I got to say-say-say isssssss

David A. Abshire
~5/27/2006

No comments:

Post a Comment