Sunday, February 8, 2009

Same Ol' Sum

Vs. 1:

I used to believe/
Now I just feel like we're going in circles, but they aren't 360/
no longer complete/
funny how you managed to push yourself clean away from me/
See, I've come to the end of this street, end of the road/
Don't wanna deal with unecessary BS, nope, Hell no/
I feel it's my time to go, that doesn't mean I don't feel pulled back to you/
Just realize I can't keep doing the same things we do/
Expecting a different outcome/
adding up you and I gives the same ol' sum/
You haven't changed once, still giving me the same lines you state/
same time you save, the same time you break my heart, what else more is there left to say/
I'm starting to see the appeal in self Preserva-tion/
maybe I'm just a little less dumb/
I now see it's the same ol' sum/

....to be continued....

David A. Abshire
February 8, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment