Monday, January 19, 2009

Dream Deferred Yet Not Denied:

A Dream Deferred yet not Denied/
Let out a tear of joy as Pride beemed from my eyes/
Martin may have died, but the message stayed strong/
Barack Obama will be President & no longer elect, before the day is gone/
My Sister, My Father, My Mom, all voted for this man/
As did I too, for an hour I chose to stand/
prior to heading to work, got pulled out of line, but put back in/
told to move to a different prescinct's line, but got on the right track again/
They couldn't stop my vote, nor that of my family and friends/
Now I can truly mean it when we say "Yes We can", for we truly did make a change/
Let our voices be counted in record numbers, through the valleys and the planes/
through the moutain tops, and through the skies above/
in a time where it's more likely to recieve hatred and contempt than compassion & love/
I guess America is tired of being ruled by Gorrilla thugs, you know, Blood for Oil Money/
I guess it's time for a change, take the Rocks and made Sweet Honey/
The Spirit is a beautiful thing, take a cloudy day and make it Sunny/
with the rays from our smiles/
I'm told that if you lined up all the busses at the inaugeration, it would stretch for 75 miles/
Now doesn't that make you proud?, it does for me, I can't deny/
People from different walks of life chose to drive, people from different countries chose to fly/
All due to the Realization of Dream...a Dream Deferred Yet Not Denied/
It was time....

David A. Abshire
~11:15pm Central
January 19th, 2009

1 comment: